Saturday, June 25, 2005

12:01 AM// Google rekindles nostalgia for HKIS

Thanks to Google Maps, which recently added high resolution satellite images of several non-US cities, I've managed to reconnect with my childhood. Behold:

HKIS

The white blob is Hong Kong International School which I attended about 15 years ago when I was 9-10. The rectangle immediately northeast of that is the apartment my family and I lived in during our stay. This was in an area of Hong Kong known as Repulse Bay:

Repulse Bay, Hong Kong

And just for continuity's sake, here's Hong Kong Island:

Also of interest, the image on HKIS's homepage of the people forming a giant HKIS logo, reproduced here without permission:

HKIS people logo

I'm in that photo. I know because they took it to commemorate HKIS's 25th year when I was there. And there's no possibility they've ever recreated that formation. Ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home