Saturday, August 06, 2005

3:42 PM// Hippieville, here I come!

I quit my job, sold my car, sold my washer/dryer, and gave away my computer. I'm trading it all in for a big backpack that I can sew a few flags onto. I've gone at least 2 months without a haircut, and about 3 weeks since my last shave.

And I'm moving to Indonesia.

I have some great stories about haggling with my insurance company over the extension to year-long anti-Malaria prescription coverage, but instead I think I'll just quote some of the expected side effects of Ciprofloxacin, an anti-diarrhea drug:

"SIDE EFFECTS: Stomach upset, loss of appetite, diarrhea, nausea, headache, ..."
(emphasis added) Yep, a side effect of anti-diarrhea medication is diarrhea. My how far we've come in modern medicine.

But actually, it is quite amazing what we can do. Currently, or within 3 days, I will be shielded from polio, tetanus, diphtheria, Japanese encephalitis, rabies, hepatitis A & B, mumps, measles, rubella, and typhoid. Huzzah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home